Ribbit Review - 6/5/18
FAST Frogs –
We have another home swim meet this Saturday. Please remember if you have a swimmer in the meet, you must sign up for a volunteer job. For those that have volunteered for the first meets, we thank you! The deadline to sign up for the meet is Wednesday, June 6th at 10:30 am.
Saturday, June 9th – FAST Frogs vs JCC Piranhas - For general meet information and how to sign up, click here.
- Here are instructions on how to check your volunteer commitment or sign up for the meet. Click here.
- The heat sheets will be out Friday evening. You will need to locate your swimmers events and then mark them on their arm.
- Please be at the meet with arm's marked at 6:45 am for check-in. Check in with your swimmer's tent parent on arrival.
- The meet will start at 8:00am.
- If you have an unexpected change of plans after the meet deadline or day of the meet, please use the contact forms on our website under the "Meets & Events" section to communicate directly with the Meet Director & Coaches.
Join us in supporting our generous Titanium sponsor, Buffalo Wings & Rings, after the meet for food and fun! The address is 1901 Town Center Dr. Round Rock, TX 78664. Our team tends to show up in two waves - at 12:30pm and 2pm - after their swimmer's events end. This is a great opportunity to relax after the meet with other FAST Frog families!
- The storm this week caused us to change locations for practice pools. We will send out those changes via the Remind service. Thank you for your patience. We are trying to keep our Frogs safe and practicing!
- FAST Frogs will have practices on Friday mornings, but FLIP FLOP FRIDAYs are in effect.
- What is FLIP FLOP FRIDAY?
- Frogs and Pollywogs that practice at Forest Creek will go to Lake Forest.
- Frogs at Lake Forest will go to Forest Creek.
- Frogs & Pollywogs: practice times remain the same, only the pool changes.
- Tadpoles are invited to attend
practice at Lake Forest using this schedule:
- If you normally practice at 8:30 please come to 7:45 practice
- If you normally practice at 9:00 please come to 8:30 practice
- If you normally practice at 9:30 please come to 9:15 practice
- Volunteering is required! We can't run the team without you. If you are signing up for the meet, you need to sign up for a volunteer position as well.
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or to offer your volunteer services.
- Interested in joining the FAST Frog Board? There will be some open positions this year that will need to be voted on at the banquet in July. Please email [email protected] for more information. We need you!
- Swim Team night @ Round Rock Express is Monday, June 25th. Click here to purchase tickets: https://groupmatics.events/event/justkeepswimming
- Amazon Smile is now set up to accept donations to FAST. If you are interested in participating, please click on this link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-0729912 and login using your personal amazon account. Amazon will then donate 0.5% of every purchase back to the Frogs.If you are not familiar with this program, here is more information on how the Amazon Smile program works: http://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/ch/about
- Family Folders – don’t forget to check your family folders during practice. They are located at the pool where your oldest swimmer practices. Family folders will be available mid-week.
- If you have not signed up yet and are interested in receiving text updates regarding practices, weather and other urgent information, please sign up for Remind by texting the phrase "@h33gff" to 81010.
- Like our Facebook page! We will post official information on here.
- Join the FAST Frogs Fan page - this is a closed group, but anyone on the 2018 roster will be approved to join.
FROG OF THE WEEK
- Congratulations to these swimmers for their hard work and excellent performance this week!
- 6U Girls: Gabriela Staggs
- 6U Boys: Owen Olkiewicz
- 7-8 Girls: Molly Felker
- 7-8 Boys: Lukas Tetmeyer
- 9-10 Girls: Peyton Boudreaux
- 9-10 Boys: Jack Menk
- 11-12 Girls: Susan Mashayekhi
- 11-12 Boys: Luke Kirby
- 13 & Older Girls: Tressa Langenohl
- 13 & Older Boys: Ian Snopel
(If you receive the Frog of the Week award, please leave the sign in your yard for the week. It will be picked up next week to be delivered to the next Frog of the Week. Thanks.)
- Coach of the Week: Karlie Johnson Coach Karlie has stepped up in her role with the Tadpoles and the entire 6U group. She's fantastic with the kids and very helpful at every practice. Thank you!