Meet Sign Up Instructions
HOW TO SIGNUP FOR A MEET
- Log into your account
- On the main navigation bar, choose <Meets & Events>. (No need to make a selection off the drop down menu, click on <Meets & Events>.)
- Scroll down to the meet that you wish to review or sign up for and select the <Meet Entry> button.
- Take a look at the number of volunteer opportunities still available and sign up to help using the <SignUp for Job Shifts> Button. (Our volunteer coordinator will thank you!)
- You will also see a list of your swimmers that our eligible to compete in the week's meet. Choose the <Edit> button at the bottom of the page.
- Next to each swimmer's name, use the selection box to choose either <attending> or <not attending>.
- Then select <Save> and you are done!
General Meet Info
What to Bring to a Swim Meet
Please label everything - the Lost & Found grows with each meet!
- Team suit or black suit; Team shirt & cap; Swim cap (Required for practice and meets);
- Plenty of towels, goggles, sunglasses, and SUNSCREEN;
- Warm clothing (early mornings OUTSIDE can be cool);
- Chair for swimmer to sit on, chairs for parents to sit on.
- Snacks, drinks, and a light lunch;
- Money - the host team has a concession stand available throughout the meet.
Heat sheets are a listing of how the meet is organized. It lists the events, swimmers, heats, seed times, and lanes. Heats usually get progressively faster (i.e., the last heat to swim each event usually has the fastest swimmers based on seed time).
Heat Sheets will be posted on our website the evening before a meet. You must print these out at home so you can mark your swimmers before they arrive for the Meet. They are not available at the pool for purchase.
Yes, you must write on your child!
To help the early morning go smoother, PLEASE mark your child's Last Name on their right, rear shoulder and mark their right arm with all their events, heats, and lane numbers (open diagram above). PLEASE use a permanent marker (Sharpie) so the marking will last the entire Meet. When swimmers show up with this done, it leaves enough time for the age group parents to fill in the relay details. There should only be 2 things written on swimmers: name on shoulder and events on right arm.
Hint: Put sunscreen on your child first and let it dry completely. Then, mark the arm & back.
Team tattoos are allowed, but please DO NOT write or draw anything else. Let's show the other teams our sportsmanship.
Swimsuit Guidelines (Swim Meet Specific)
A swimmer may wear only one suit during a meet. Swim suits shall not cover a man's body higher than the top of the pelvic bone or the belly button and shall not cover any part of the body below the top of the knee. Swim suits shall not cover a woman's body outside the shoulder-joints or above the shoulder-line and shall not cover any part of the body below mid-thigh. The material of suits may consist only of cotton, lycra, nylon, polyester, and spandex, and should not have fasteners or zippers. If you have any questions about the suit rule, please contact your coach or league representative. Suits classified as "technical" are prohibited.
- Out of courtesy to the host team, we ask everyone to please pick up after themselves.
- Goals: Have fun and relax! Take care of yourself! Encourage Teammates!
- Take lots of pictures. If you have one that would look good on our website, send it to [email protected].