Ribbit Review - 5/15/18 - Important Meet Info & Spirit Night
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Westover Orcas are unable to host our swim meet this weekend. We are looking at several different options in an attempt to get our FAST Frogs into a meet this weekend. We may need to reschedule the location and/or date of this meet. Some of our options include a different location on Saturday the 19th or Sunday the 20th. We will send out information as soon as we have it.
For now, the coaching staff is asking
that we continue our meet entry procedures for the swim meet as usual. This
means that if your swimmer would like to participate in our first meet (which
we hope will be this weekend), please sign into www.fastfrogs.net and indicate whether
your swimmer can participate by Wednesday, May 16th at 8:30 pm.
Coaches will be making a line-up after that deadline. Instructions on how to sign up for the meet are below.
One event that will definitely go on as planned is our FAST Frogs Spirit Night!
- Friday, May 18th - Spirit Night - This fun event is for ALL registered swimmers - Tadpoles, Pollywogs, Frogs - and their families! The festivities will begin at 5:30pm – 7 pm. It is at the Forest Creek pool & park at 3600 Harvey Penick Drive. We will have:
- Kona Ice - one free cup for every registered swimmer and fun games in the park after the team photo.
- Photo Booth - bring your cell phone to snap a photo with Speedy!
- Arm Marking & Heat Sheet Booth - Learn how to mark your swimmers properly for Saturday's Meet!
- Wear your 2018 Team Shirt and be lined up promptly at 6:00 pm so that the team picture can be taken at 6:30pm.
- Spirit Wear pick-up - Please pick up your spirit wear if you haven't already.
- Merchandise Sale – we will have some items available for purchase such as water bottles, swim caps, vintage t-shirts and rally towels in honor of our 15th season.
- Volunteers - Interested in getting some volunteer points during spirit night? Do you have a teenager that wants to volunteer to earn volunteer hours? Sign up here:https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f45a9a929a02-spirit1
- Saturday, May 19th – Tentative First Meet – Location TBD - FAST Frogs vs ? - Our first swim meet of the season!! Swimmers must sign up for the meet by Wednesday at 8:30 pm. For general meet information and how to sign up, click here.
- Here are instructions on how to check your volunteer commitment or sign up for the meet. Click here.
- The heat sheets will be out Friday evening (if the meet is on Saturday). You will need to locate your swimmers events and then mark them on their arm.
- Please be at the meet with arm's marked at 6:45 am for check-in. Check in with your swimmer's tent parent on arrival.
- The meet will start at 8:00am.
- If you have an unexpected change of plans after the meet deadline or day of the meet, please use the contact forms on our website under the "Meets & Events" section to communicate directly with the Meet Director & Coaches.
Join us in supporting our generous Titanium sponsor, Buffalo Wings & Rings, after the meet for food and fun! The address is 1901 Town Center Dr. Round Rock, TX 78664. Our team tends to show up in two waves - at 12:30pm and 2pm - after their swimmer's events end. This is a great opportunity to relax after the meet with other FAST Frog families!
- The coaches are watching swimmers as practice continues this week. We will send out a parent request/preference google form next week to help us assign practice times for June morning practices.
- Please label all of your equipment! Swimmers are in a hurry to get their towels when practice is over. They have been known to pick up the wrong equipment after practice. Labeling your gear makes it easier to find. It also makes it easier to return when someone does accidentally grab the wrong piece of equipment. If your swimmer does make it home with someone else's gear, please make sure to bring it to the next practice.
- Our program relies on the generosity of sponsoring HOA's. Only members of that pool's HOA and their guests are permitted to swim in the pool in addition to FAST members during their assigned practice time. This includes the toddler pools.
- Volunteering is required! We can't run the team without you. If you are signing up for the meet, you need to sign up for a volunteer position as well. During registration, we collected volunteer preferences so we are aware of your interests, but each parent will need to sign up for a volunteer job per meet. It is not automatically assigned based on the registration.
- Please email [email protected] with any questions or to offer your volunteer services.
- If you have not signed up yet and are interested in receiving text updates regarding practices, weather and other urgent information, please sign up for Remind by texting the phrase "@ h33gff" to 81010.
- Like our Facebook page! We will post official information on here.
- Join the FAST Frogs Fan page - this is a closed group, but anyone on the 2018 roster will be approved to join.